During our courting period, Karl and I took turns trying to impress the other. He played nocturnes on the piano and drove golf balls down the range. I made steak dinners and my bed every morning. Today we’re celebrating our anniversary!! It has been a magical four years, and I never thought I’d meet someone who I love more than pie. But how could you not love someone who makes you laugh like a hyena and practices the Austrian landler with you.
For our anniversary dinner, I’m making a hawaiian ribeye, inspired by Hillstone! To accompany our slabs of meat, I’m serving this easy and refreshing green coleslaw, also inspired by Hillstone. It’s this gorgeous medley of savoy cabbage, green cabbage, parsley, and green onions, and it’s perfect for not only anniversary dinners but also for all those fun summer potlucks to come! Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dill relish without the liquids
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 58 grams savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 2.6 ounces green cabbage, finely shredded
- 15 grams parsley, finely chopped
- 20 grams green onions, finely sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the vegetables and herbs. Once the sauce is blended, stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.